2.02.2010

Nimit Malavia


Yo, CHECK out the work and expression of Nimit Malavia right now! He is seriously on par with any illustration work that's inspired me previously. At roughly 21 years of age ('cus I'm not a private investigator), he was born and raised in Ottowa, Canada, and is either attending or has finished up school at Sheridan College for a BAA in illustration (Like I said, I'm no Tom Selleck). I love that as inspirations he includes the work of Hiyao Miyazaki, Haruki Murakami, Carl Jung, and The Dark Knight. As to Jung and the Philosophical side of his work, he is interested in the ideas of the 'shadow self' (which theme possibly crosses over with the batman picture), and the collective unconscious. You only have to breeze through images of his work on his site to know that they are very personal, conjuring up what I assume are personal narratives, but breezing through isn't enough. It is worth your time to consider the execution and meaning of the details in every medium and gesture he uses.

Check out not only his website, www.nimitmalavia.com
but also his blog (with TONS of deaceness), nimit-malavia.blogspot.com
Plus a great interview at Erratic Phenomena.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I really like your blog and I just looked at a lot of the websites of the artists you feature. All great stuff!

Original Adam said...

Danke schön! I'll keep writing if you keep peepin'!