1.03.2011

Nicholas Di Genova


This man lives and works in Toronto, making intensely detailed and awesome art. Focusing on animals that look like Frankenstein-esque experiments in fauna-combination, the images are set in strict and organized chart-like design. The powerful and child-like energy and imagination that exists in such a disciplined setting is what attracts me most, along with great awe for the equally disciplined line work and amount of time his drawings must take. Fantastic!

In his words, "When I was a kid growing up I was obsessed with animals and monsters... I'd draw them everyday, and when I grew up I either wanted to be a zoologist or a monster hunter... When I got a bit older I realized that being a zoologist was less exciting than I had imagined, and that 'monster hunter' isn't even a real job, so I just kept drawing. I pretty much do the exact same thing at 29 years old that I did when I was 9 years old."

His website:  mediumphobic.com

No comments: